Saturday, January 29, 2011

Growing Teacher Leaders in a Culture of Excellence

Budaya bagi membentuk guru sebagai pemimpin harus dilakukan kerana setiap pemimpin bukanlah dilahirkan tetapi juga boleh dibentuk. Itulah pentingnya peranan budaya organisasi yang cemerlang.

This teacher realized that her previous opinion of leadership was based on a faulty philosophy that leaders are born, not made (Lunenburg & Ornstein, 2004). “I have always looked at leadership as something that people had or didn’t have. I hadn’t ever really thought that leadership is something that can grow in a person. This process really made me more aware of how I think of myself and how others view me as a leader.”

Viewing teachers as leaders requires a paradigm shift about the concept of leadership in a school system. As Dufour, Dufour, Eaker, and Many (2006) state, these shifts often make teachers uncomfortable. Such paradigm shifts associated with developing teachers as leaders may include moving from isolation to collaboration, from privatization of practice to open sharing of practice, and from independence to interdependence.


Benar atau tidak, hubungan yang signifikan akan ditentukan hasil dari dapatan kajian ini.

1 komen:

It is my belief teachers should be leaders who lead by example; and heads of schools ought to act as managers. I have seen failures because the heads are still behaving like teachers, purely acting on orders and lacking in the know-how to manage an organisation. PhDs and Masters do nothing to substitute for managerial skills.